When life gives you lemons, there is only one thing you can do…
Yes, that’s right! Squeeze them. I mean the health benefits are phenomenal:
- Lemons are full of vitamin C which is a super antioxidant, full of antibacterial and antiviral properties, literally the fighting force behind your body’s natural defense mechanisms
- Lemons freshen your breath by keeping your mouth salivated – good for those sexy, unexpected moments
- Lemons contain bioflavanoids, which when combined with vitamin C become super powerful
- They flush out toxins, reduce inflammation and even prevent uric acid build up in your joints
- They come with a good supply of potassium which is great for the heart and of course the resulting blood pressure – I’m pretty sure lemons could be approved by the heart foundation!
- Lemons ease bloating and constipation when taken on an empty stomach
- They also curb the appetite which of course should help with losing those little extra rolls we so aptly refer to as passion handles
- They also help the liver by getting get rid of all those unwanted toxins
So why drink freshly squeezed lemon juice?
I know maybe it doesn’t make sense to drink something so acidic first thing in the morning, but a lemon is only acidic in it’s natural state. The secret is when it starts to metabolize. It’s transformed from a natural acidic state into an alkaline state. And that’s the punch. Once fully digested the health benefits materialize as listed above, producing those supernatural results.
What I love most about drinking lemon water first thing in the morning is the awakening that one feels. Like a sudden rush of energy, stimulating every physiological sense. So much better than a red bull or monster drink!
So this is the modus operandi:
- 🍋Fill 1/3 glass of room temperature water
- 🍋Squeeze in a lemon
- 🍋Simply drink it
- 🍋Repeat every morning
- 🍋Fill, squeeze, drink, repeat
It is important to wait about fifteen minutes before drinking or eating anything else, to prepare your body for the full revitalizing benefits lemons offer. And remember, because vitamin C cannot be stored by the body, you can go ahead and keep on squeezing!